Computer Tips for this Economy
Perhaps like other businesses in this economic climate, you want to hold off on major computer purchases until the economy picks up. At the same time, you don't want problems to fester until a major emergency occurs. There are some things you can do now to keep your hardware or software functioning smoothly and securely until you are ready for a major upgrade.
- Make sure you have the most up to date anti-virus and spam removal software.
- Make sure your backup system works perfectly. Have your technician do a spot test by restoring several files.
- If you are running out of space, consider offloading some files to an external drive.
- If you use SQL Server for a database application, you need a special back up. It will not be included in most standard backups.
- Get the free updates for your Microsoft and other software so they will run smoothly and safely.
If you do decide to keep your current system make sure that the technicians you call upon know these systems inside and out because they may not be able to just throw out the old and plug in the new..